Did you know you can use all those past issues of TM magazine that you keep and can’t bear to throw out, but may probably never reread, to help advertise your club?
Ask all of your members to donate any past issues to the club cause that they can spare, you will end up with quite a stack. Visit Staples or any other office supply store and find those large stick on printable labels. Avery Labels, 6 to a sheet work quite well. Print the labels out including club name, website, when and where it meets and if room, a quote about Toastmasters. Aiming it towards business professionals is always helpful, i.e. “Come to Toastmasters, learning to be a better evaluator can help you become a better manager and leader”. You may want to stay away from putting contact information (except for the website) unless you have a group gmail account, as officers change yearly.
Think of all the places locally that are always happy to get new (and free) good quality reading materials that will help you reach your target audience (potential new members). Go out and distribute.
- Car Dealerships and Auto Repair Shops, don’t forget to include the quick oil change places
- Dentist, Optometrists and Doctors Offices
- Tire Sales and Installation
- Hairdressers and Beauty Salons
- Tax Preparation Agencies
- Employment Agencies and Social Services
- Insurance Agencies
- Independent Coffee Shops
- Retirement and Independent Living Facilities (they always have waiting rooms for friends and family)